Stana Katic ( born April 26, 1978) is a film and television actress. She is best known for her portrayal of Detective Kate Beckett in ABC's Castle.
Katic was born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, to Serb parents Petar and Rada Katić, who emigrated from Croatia, Yugoslavia. In describing her ethnicity, she has stated "My parents are Serbs from Croatia. She spent her youth moving back and forth between Canada and the United States. After graduating from West Aurora High School in 1996, she studied at the University of Toronto and then at the DePaul University Goodman School of Drama, where she studied acting from 2000 to 2002.
- Place of birth: Hamilton, Canada
- Growth:175 cm
- Weight:61 kg
- Breast Size: 34 inches
- Waist Size: 25 inches
- Hips Size: 35 inches
- Shoe Size: 9 (US) 40,5 (EU)
Fast Facts about Stana Katic
- First TV role came with a part in a 2004 episode of the short-lived FBI drama The Handler
- Following guest spots on TV (24, Heroes) and in film (Quantum of Solace, The Spirit), gained fame as straightlaced detective Kate Beckett in the ABC series Castle
- Is fluent in numerous languages, including French, Italian and Serbian
- Is trained in Isshinryu Karate, stage and film combat, and belly dancing
- Established her own production company, Sine Timore, in 2008